We at Cuisinart are very safety conscious. We
design and manufacture consumer products
with the safety of you, our valued customer
foremost in mind. In addition we ask that you
exercise a degree of care when using electrical
appliances and adhere to the following
When using electrical appliances, basic safety
precautions should always be followed,
including the following:
1. CAREFULLY READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
BEFORE OPERATING APPLIANCE AND
SAVE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
2. To protect against fire, electrical shock and
injury to persons do not immerse the
appliance, cord or plug in water or any
3. This appliance is for household use only.
4. Do not use this appliance for anything other
than its intended use.
5. This appliance should not be used by or
near children or individuals with certain
6. Do not leave the appliance unattended
when in use.
7. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles.
8. Always use the appliance on a dry, level
9. To disconnect, turn all controls off, then
remove plug from power outlet.
10. Do not place this appliance on or near a
hot gas or electric burner, or where it could
touch a heated oven.
11. Do not let the cord hang over the edge of
a table or counter, touch hot surfaces or
12. The use of accessory attachments not
recommended by Cuisinart may cause a
risk of injury to persons, fire or electrical
13. Strictly follow cleaning and care
14. Do not use this appliance for anything other
than its intended use. Do not use in moving
vehicles or boats.
15. Do not use outdoors.
16. Always switch the appliance off, and then
remove plug from the power outlet when
the appliance is not being used and before
17. An extension cord is not recommended.
However, if one is needed, the extension
cord should be a grounded type and its
electrical rating must be the same or higher
wattage as the appliance. Regularly inspect
the supply cord, plug and actual appliance
for any damage. If found damaged in any
way, immediately cease use of the
appliance and call Cuisinart Customer
Service at 1-800-726-0190.
18. For any maintenance other than cleaning,
call Cuisinart Customer Service at 1-800-
19. Refer servicing to qualified personnel.
20. Do not operate any appliance with a
damaged cord or plug or after the
appliance malfunctions, or has been
damaged in any manner. Return appliance
to the nearest authorized service facility for
examination, repair or adjustment.
21. Unplug from outlet when not in use and
before cleaning. Allow to cool before
putting on or taking off parts, and before
cleaning the appliance.
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE